Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My bar stalker story

So there I was on Saturday night, sitting and chatting in GB Bar In Ni-chome when someone catches my eye from across the room. "Catching my eye" was quite an understatement actually, he was just plain staring my way.
Ok lots of people stare openly at people in gay bars, but this guy was different. The first thing that struck K.L. and me was how he looked exactly like Ralph Fiennes, the same face, hair, tall lean body and everything. He also had the same extremely intense smoking/piercing look that Ray Fiennes has, very unnerving.

When I got up to wait for my turn to go to the loo, he crossed the bar and stood next to me, just staring straight into my eyes and looking me up and down. I remember thinking: Ok, if you would just stop rudely staring and say hello, I might actually talk to you even though you look as skinny as an Ethiopian to me. But he never did, making it the most awkward two minutes of my life. Later, he just followed me back to my seat at the bar counter and stood menacingly behind me.

"Er... I think you got yourself a stalker. 他站在你后面一直看你ah, 很可怕" said K.L. nervously, looking behind us.
"Ok don't look at him and don't you dare go toilet now!" I hissed.

After a long while, when I didn't respond, he went off back to the other end of the bar but continued staring. I tried not to look at him but kept stealing glances to see if he was still looking at me (does that send the wrong signals, I've always wondered).

Continuing in Chinese so that "no one can understand what we are saying" (haha), K.L. said he felt kinda sorry for him.
"他一定在問自己:我這麼飄亮他為什麼不喜歡我?"

Don't get me wrong. It was my first serious bar stalking incident (one that was this aggressive anyway), but I was quite flattered actually, given that a lot of guys in GB were looking at "Mr Fiennes". I was certainly flattered enough to record this incident here, so as to remind myself always (especially, perhaps, in future after a rejection) that in this whole dating thing which I'm rediscovering, one man's meat really is another man's poison.

1 Comments:

Blogger zyn said...

wah bar stalker so exciting!!! you should've gone to talk to him, maybe he was staring cos his eyesight got problem then now he forever labelled as stalker so poor thing.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home