Monday, September 25, 2006

Extended Souvenir

Yesterday night, 25 years after the song came out, I discovered that there is an EXTRA verse to OMD's "Souvenir" on the extended version that was only available with the limited edition 10-inch single. Imagine that! I was totally blown away...

My situation
It's imagination
There's no excuse
It's instantly a game
The conversation
The combination
I tell the truth
My feelings still remain


OMD is also the reason why I could spell "manoeuvres" at a tender age.
I'm so sad hor?

Oh wait... Cultural reference for zyn!

OMD: Stands for Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. British 80s synthesizer duo. Electronic arty sound in the early 80s later gave way to more commercial style. Best known for writing a song about the Enola Gay (called "Enola Gay"), "If You Leave" which was on the Pretty In Pink soundtrack and "So In Love" (with the seminal lyric "Heaven is cold, without any soul, it's hard to believe... I was so in love with youuuuu!")

3 Comments:

Blogger zyn said...

this means absolutely nothing to me. i will tell ys though - and he can impress you with his music knowledge while i nod and smile and marvel anew at how cute he is. hahaha.

2:30 AM  
Blogger zyn said...

you and your big mac... now i got headache

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just hazarding a guess, but if I'm right hello my old dui zhang...cool blog, and i second zyn on the music taste.heh you've come a long way since faye wong yeah.

another song to ring a bell:

Secret......
I've got a secret I can't explain
And all the time I've waited for this day
All along I was never in doubt
I always knew it would never get out
There are things that I cannot tell
And there are things that you know damn well
This is getting very hard for me
I guess you'd better just wait and see

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home