Thursday, August 17, 2006

Identity crisis!

It has struck me, reading through all the previous posts on this blog, that I must appear to really care only about (a) clothes and (b) cute guys, and travelling to (a) buy more clothes and (b) meet more cute guys.

And this brings me right back to the day -- maybe 5 or 6 years ago -- when my younger lesbian sister said unflinchingly to me: "Kor, you are so shallow and materialistic!". I think she was in the midst of expounding on the importance of art in community or something and my eyes might have wandered over to something more interesting in the bar we were in.

Do blogs give an accurate representation of the people that we are? Or are we consciously blogging only about things which we feel our reading audience would find interesting? And do we, in our "real lives", eventually become the larger-than-life person that comes across online?

As I leave Singapore (yet again) for Hong Kong to (a) buy clothes (its the very tail-end of the summer sale) and (b) meet more cute guys (it's HK's first bear party on Saturday), I really have to wonder :)

But then again, who cares?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home