Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hicksville

I am in Hicksville. Hicksville.
And I will be here for 4 nights.

This is probably payback for all the fun I had in Chicago. To be consigned to a hotel in a small town in the South that is home to just 100,000 people and ONLY known for its wholesale furniture showrooms. There is no gym. And because there is so much space, we cannot get to anywhere from the hotel without a car, and there is just the mall across the street for us to go to. Ok, it's High Point North Carolina's biggest mall, but Ms Morocco and I got so depressed walking through it just now. As we sat on a bench and waited for the rest to appear for dinner at the food court, all we could do was jabber on and on about how great Chicago was, and swear about how we will rush to the malls in LA everyday straight from the end of our meetings.

Tomorrow is Sunday and we have the whole day free until a dinner appointment at 5.15pm. Choice of activities: (a) going to church to worship, (b) going to the mall (again), (c) going swimming at our program coordinator's country club and (d) going to some museum that records the history of the town of Winston-Salem. Very depressing. At least I have an Internet connection.

I've decided to use this time to finally finish my National Day Supplement essay. Just spent the entire night listening to "I am Singaporean" podcasts or reading blog entries that were inspired by mr brown. Some of them nearly brought tears to my eyes. And they were all great inspiration for the piece I hope to finish by Tuesday.

P.S> There is a Victoria's Secret store here at the mall. I have a lot of time on my hands, so I'll take orders if anyone wants anything. Please give exact model number and sizing ah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home