Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Beep, beep, beep!

So I think there are two other gay men in the group. Judge for yourself and let me know!!

Mr Poland (Marcin) is a quiet, nerdy sort of guy but very nice and polite. My gaydar went up the first day I met him. But just now after dinner, we found ourselves discussing - just the 2 of us walking a little way behind the rest - the Gay Games in Chicago. Our facilitators had earlier in the day told us that we could not share rooms in Chicago because the Games meant a shortage of free rooms in the city; and everyone had found it amusing in a derogatory sort of way. Anyway, Marcin suddenly started talking about how there is a big debate about gay rights in Poland, how the annual "equality" march was banned by the conservative Polish Prime Minister and how other European gay groups had given monetary and political support for the march to continue despite Government opposition. I gave my spiel, of course, about the gay scene in Singapore, making it clear that I was an intersted party that was following developments closely. I even told him that I went to London Pride this year. Marcin then talked more about the gay scene in Warsaw and concluded "It should be interesting in Chicago, I'm looking forward to it...". I think he knows far too much to be straight...

Mr Peru (Alvaro) is the cutest guy in the whole group -- a tall stocky baby-faced Spanish looking cub. He's soft-spoken but has aggressive views, which I find kinda sexy. I suspected he was gay because he disappeared for the weekend in DC, saying that he was "meeting friends". Later it turns out that he spent a lot of time that weekend in Dupont Circle, which is the main gay area in DC of course. Just now over lunch, when probed by Nicaragua and Morocco, he said "I have no wife, no girlfriend, no nothing", adding that he nearly got married some years ago but the relationship wasn't going anywhere. His ex-girlfriend is married now (sounds familiar?). Later, he said to me privately: "So you are also not married, no wife, no girlfriend, no nothing -- the same as me, huh?" Still, I'm not so sure about Alvaro. Other than the hints above, I found out that he likes film (Lee Ang and PT Anderson are our common faves, I discovered at breakfast) and clubbing (he has apparently been to the gay-friendly Sound Factory a lot). I think he could be gay, but it's hard to tell with these slightly crazy, fun-loving Latin Americans.

I'm gonna try to probe Poland a bit more tomorrow. It will be nice to go out to the bars together in Chicago :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home