Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Never let them go

A friend of mine posted this on his blog recently.

"I've sat here most of the night, and will probably sit here a lot longer. I've been single now for years. In those years I've been amazed by the thoughts that continue to run through my mind. It's amazing how clear things can be when your thoughts are not clouded by the things you think you want but by the things you know you need. I've always known what I have been looking for appearance wise, but until recently I never really understood what else was missing.

The five senses.

#1 - Sight
The look of his face. he is so handsome and only you know why. The way you smile when you catch that first glimpse of him walking towards you. The way you see every perfection and imperfection he has and love them both.
#2 - Sound
The sound of his voice. The way it makes you feel when he speaks to only you. The way "I love you" sounds when it is true. The way a few words spoken from his mouth can brighten your day and put your mind at ease.
#3 - Touch
The feeling you get when he holds your hand. The warmth of his body. The calmness you feel when he hugs you. The peaceful feeling you have when he touches your skin.
#4 - Smell
The scent that is carried with him. The way you can still smell him on your pillow even when he is gone. The way you are reminded of him when you smell a similar scent. The way you can smell him through the night when he is laying next to you.
#5 - Taste
The taste of his lips when you kiss. The salty yet sweet taste you get when you kiss his body. Nothing is better.

All of these things I miss the most. I know one day I'll find them. One day I'll be overwhelmed again by these five senses. And when I find them, I know deep down I will not let them go."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home