Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Clarifications

Ok, since I wrote that angry post below, I've had an account from C. of how things actually happened.

So C. did meet E. two months before we broke up and E. decided to stop seeing C. about a week before our own break-up. He apparently did not give any ultimatum about leaving me to C.

C. says he had decided he had to let E. go. But he was also inspired by E.'s resolute action, who had transformed his life after attending the self-help course. He then decided that the right thing to do to transform his own life (which he didn't like) was to break up with me and just be alone, a decision he had been putting off. He wanted to do this at some point... he didn't know when but he gave himself a year.

The opportunity presented itself a week later after an argument about weight gainers, when I sensed that C. was becoming really unhappy. I remember the next morning at breakfast, he couldn't even look me in the eyes anymore. That was when I asked whether he was going to leave me, and the rest is history. C. says that when E. heard about the break-up, he pursued C. aggressively and so they are together now.

Is this how it really happened? Was our own break up the result of C. smarting over losing E. only just recently, or from a more deep-seated dissatisfaction with his life? Whatever the case, it doesn't change the fact that it was E. who precipitated the break-up, or that this is truly the end of the road with C. It does, however, make me just that little bit less cynical about love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This self help course sounds like fun. Is it just for gay men looking to change their lives, or can anyone go? Must be the same one all of those MenAfterWork go.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home