Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Random Musings (HK Mix)

I'm beginning to like these George Yeo-styled numbered paragraphs. So here goes with the random reasons why I could actually live in HK:

1. Seemingly inexhaustible supply of cute Chinese cubs/chubs, which moves HK up my Beari Index to #3. And unlike in Singapore, they all congregate in certain saunas, bars and cafes - so you get easy access to them. (The zit on my tummy didn't disappear, but it didn't really hold me back. Dim lighting really helps...) J. tells me, though, that at the rate I'm meeting them, the supply isn't really inexhaustible and will run out soon haha.

2. There are 8 (eight!!) California Fitness branches in HK.

3. Obscure second-hand CDs and bootleg DVDs that send my pulse racing. I've just finished watching a bootleg DVD of Tori Amos' VH1 Storytellers performance which I bought for HK$60 or just $12. Now watching a 1985 (yes, 1985!!) Everything But The Girl (oh Tracey's hair!!) concert in Germany.

4. Bear parties! Next one is Nov 18.

5. Public transport is actually good. You can actually get taxis in town at 11pm and bus/MTR travel is easy.

6. Friends like J. and D. who have been nothing but sincere, kind and generous with me even though I've known them for such a short time.

I really need to learn how to speak Cantonese though...

5 Comments:

Blogger Tallulah Showerhead said...

btw - did i tell you i used to work with tracey thorn's cousin? she told me that the whole family was surprised by young tracey's career change because none of them knew she could sing

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can sing?

1:40 AM  
Blogger Tallulah Showerhead said...

you can't, you little tone-deaf wuss

6:38 AM  
Blogger rookcub said...

hey tallulah i couldnt get you that movie. went to 3 art house type dvd stores and they didnt have it. i'll try again if i go again to hk next month

8:36 AM  
Blogger Tallulah Showerhead said...

c'est la vie - thanks for trying anyway - you're a brick (famous five slang)

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home