Thursday, October 19, 2006

Random Musings

A list of unordered things that are worth noting but did not prompt me to make separate posts for since my last blog entry (hmm... is that grammatically correct?):

1. There are only a few moments in my life when I'm somewhere and I think: This is great, this is amazing, I'm so proud this is Singapore, we have arrived etc etc... The last time was at Nation.04 as fire spewed out on the musical fountain amid the dancing rays of water (!!??). I felt like that again last weekend visiting the new Tangs store at Vivocity.

2. Ikea discriminates against people who like dark coloured furniture. It makes me really angry.

3. M's cat died. She was 18. He told me yesterday that the morning she died she was moaning softly, but there was also a kitten meowing noise coming from outside his window. But he lives on the 4th floor and there is no ledge for any kitten outside the window. He posited, and I agreed, that it must have been the Cat Spirits calling her home. Later, we bought a Kashmiri urn for the cat's ashes from a roadside stall called Many Moons.

4. Out of nowhere, Tori Amos released a 5-CD box set of b-sides and rarities in a box shaped like a piano keyboard! I bought it of course; but I was strangely unexcited by it, then disturbed that I was strangely unexcited. Tori, even though my love for Thee is fading, You will always be a True Goddess in my heart!!

5. Scoop is a great show and Scarlet Johanssen is a really good actress. The new Cathay, on the other hand, is a really badly designed building.

6. I leave for HK tomorrow with a feeling that it's not going to be a good trip. Maybe it's the really big zit on my tummy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tallulah Showerhead said...

please can you see if you can find me a dvd copy with english subtitles of 'the mad phoenix' which won a golden horse in 1997
i watched it one afternoon at the majestic and there were tears in my eyes as the end titles rolled
thanks, sweetie, and have an interesting time....

2:20 PM  
Blogger rookcub said...

is there a chinese name to the movie? ok, i'll try adn find it. there's this great dvd store in mongkok that i'll be going to

4:29 PM  
Blogger zyn said...

not to be pedantically anal, but your sentence is actually not grammatically correct. hee.

10:52 PM  
Blogger rookcub said...

please correct for me then. one sentence only ah, and all the newspoints must be in

12:30 AM  
Blogger rookcub said...

k.g.: Tori the Goddess spells it Talula, as you know...
Altogether now: "Talula, Talula... she's brand new now to you. Wrapped in your papoose, you little fig newton!!"

12:34 AM  
Blogger Tallulah Showerhead said...

yes - but unfortunately i'm only familiar with the maiden's maiden album where she has the anti-christ in the kitchen yelling at her again and the phallic artwork on the cover .... and the picture of her on the seven inch single cover of winter where she looks like a refugee from lothlorien- my tallulah pseudonym is a tribute to the great alabaman actress tallulah bankhead - and a favourite character from a recent pd james novel where a tallulah has her head knocked in with a crowbar - but that's what happens if you live in a fictitious cottage on hampstead heath (a cottage cottage, not the sort of cottage you might find on the 6th level of lucky plaza)
fig newtons are my fave bickies
...and my god i need to find something better to do than sit writing this crap for hours on end - come back day job, all is forgiven

2:56 AM  
Blogger zyn said...

"A list of unordered things that are worth noting but for which I was not prompted to make separate posts since my last blog entry:"

25 words, will fail ajintro test.

So:

"Random things worth noting but not worth separate new posts:"

10 words. Ah ha.

12:01 PM  
Blogger zyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home