Thursday, January 18, 2007

A snipe in time...

At long last! After years of waiting!!
Thanks to F., who introduced me to AuctionSniper.com, I'm the proud owner of a CD copy of The Colourfield's "Deception".



Ok, it did cost me almost an arm and a leg. GBP36 is about S$105, which eclipses my previous record for most expensive single CD - "The Misadventures of Saint Etienne". Of course, both are Japan-only releases, which accounts for the massive holes they burnt in my pocket. My only consolation is that they would have cost more than S$50 brand new from Japanese stores, so I only paid double (or so).

In the meantime, AuctionSniper is awesome!! I'm using it again to try and win what is possibly my most desired CD in the world - Red Box's "The Circle & The Square", which was only ever released on CD in Japan (in 1986 and 1998). I'm prepared to pay S$200 for it, but that, it seems, may not be enough. I'm currently winning at GBP48.99, but another copy on eBay just went for GBP62.



The reason why I want them so much (other than the fact that they are utterly unavailable) is that both CDs are integral pieces of my teenhood that have been missing for more than a decade now, and which I require in order to psychologically make myself a whole and well-balanced person again. I know the lyrics to every song, and even the mention of the song titles "Miss Texas 1967", "Billy's Line", "Saskatchewan"... bring out the goosepimples in me.

Wish me luck!!

Added later:

I sniped... and failed! Apparently GBP68 wasn't enough and the Red Box CD went for GBP70. That would have meant forking out about S$250 in all, including postage. People are mad! Including me! That bitch!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home